This rice also called as forbidden rice. This specific rice I have lots of health benefits. Only Indian kings and Chinese kings can eat this rice if other ordinary people eat this rice they will get punished by the king and put into jail. In Chinese medicine there used as blood tonic.
Reason why it’s hard to get and expensive,
- It’s not easy to farm.
- This rice is very helpful to reduce weight.
- This black rice helps motion problem, sugar glucose level and periods problem.
Tips for this black rice
- Do not purchase half broken Black rice only purchase full black rice , because full black rice have high benefits.
- Black Kavuni Rice (Purple Rice) belong to the species Oryza Sativa.
- Its a Sticky, waxy or Glutinous Rice which have higher amounts of amylopectin, which makes them very sticky when cooked.
- Its a Gluten free Rice.Glutinous rice gets glue-like and sticky when cooked.
- Black Rice is rich in fiber (necessary for a healthy and regulated digestive system)
- Iron, calcium, protein, complex carbohydrates, vitamin E, vitamin B – riboflavin and niacin, carotenoid, antioxidant – anthocyanin and a host of other crucial minerals.
- Bioactive molecules anthocyanins, other phenolics and terpenoids.
- High amount of flavonoid phytonutrients.
- The antioxidant properties of black kavuni rice come from anthocyanins which fight disease and cancer in your body.
- This antioxidant is the reason these types of foods are dark in color.
- Antioxidants found in black rice is higher than the blueberries
- Black rice is black due to anthocyanin content in the outer layer of its kernel (8% Bran).
- A promising source of health promoting functional food for noninfectious diseases.
- Black rice is a rich source of phytonutrients which works as a natural detoxifier and pulls out disease causing free radicals from the body.
- In Black Kavuni rice, the antioxidant is found in the bran.
- Unlike white and brown rice, this antioxidant is water soluble and easily absorbed in your body.
- Antioxidants are also known to actively break down arterial plaque and chemically fight high cholesterol levels.
- The colour of this rice changes to deep purple when it is cooked and its due to high level of antioxidant called anthocyanin.
- It protects us from cancer, blood pressure, blood sugar, Alzheimer, asthma and eye diseases, Black Rice is also beneficial in weight loss.
- A powerhouse of antioxidants, protein, iron, vitamins and minerals and a rich Source of Antioxidants Reduce Reactive Oxygen Species (ROS) – free radicals
- Natural Detoxifier; Good for Liver [Fatty Liver Disease]
- Good Source of Fiber and Protein; Lower the Risk of Diabetes
- Preventing Risk of Obesity; Richer Protein Content
- Promotes heart health; Anti-inflammatory properties
- Fights Cancer; Reduce the growth of Cancer
- Works as a Natural Detoxifier; Anti Aging food
- Helps in weight loss; Low Glycemic Food (GI)
- Improve bone density; Prevents Osteoporosis
- Improves Immune System; Regulates Bowel Movements
- Prevent Constipation, Diarrhea and Bloating
- Improves Metabolic Health; Prebiotic Food
- Naturally Gluten-Free Grain; Improves Digestive System
- Good for the kidneys, stomach and liver since ancient times.
- Antihyperlipidemia and Anti Hyperglycemic (cardiovascular disease and diabetes) Remove cellular cholesterol Regenerate Pancreas Beta cells
- Anticancer Cyanidin 3-glucoside and peonidin 3-glucoside from black rice anthocyanin inhibit cancer cell growth.
- a hydrophilic compound (water soluble)
- A promising source of health-promoting functional food, for noninfectious diseases.